10 Wierdest things you can buy on Amazon is definitely weird. Sure to make the delivery guy wonder.
Also quite interesting is How To Hide An Airplane Factory.
[Hat Tip: A Welsh View]
The cool guys over at Wired decided to dissect the ingredients of Cool Whip. The real fun facts are that it shares ingredients with hemorrhoid cream and sexual lubricants. Oh yea, the major ingredients are water and air.
The real stuff just contains something that came from a cows nipple. How is that for a natural alternative?
[Hat tip: Consumerist]
According to the NY Post the following describes Paris Hilton’s 26th Birthday Party, though a little media bias led them to say it was a “little odd”:
…guests reported seeing Hilton play with a monkey while a band of midgets led a pack of goats around the room.
Gotta admit, she knows how to throw a party 😀 .
Oh boy would “Monkey’s On A Plane” be a blockbuster. Just a blank tape with that title would make millions. Film a real movie, and it’s [pinky in mouth] billions.
Well, apparently enough monkeys travel on commercial airlines every year to warrant their own section in on the TSA website. I’d love to have a monkey sitting near me, rather than a small crying child. Why do I get stuck with kids near me, instead of a chimp?
Excerpt copied below to ensure this gem is never lost:
- When a monkey is being transported in a carrier, the monkey must be removed from the carrier by the handler prior to screening,
- The monkey must be controlled by the handler throughout the screening process.
- The monkey handler should carry the monkey through the WTMD while the monkey remains on a leash.
- When the handler and monkey go through the WTMD and the WTMD alarms, both the handler and the monkey must undergo additional screening.
- Since monkeys may likely draw attention, the handler will be escorted to the physical inspection area where a table is available for the monkey to sit on. Only the handler will touch or interact with the monkey.
- TSOs have been trained to not touch the monkey during the screening process.
- TSOs will conduct a visual inspection on the monkey and will coach the handler on how to hold the monkey during the visual inspection.
- The inspection process may require that the handler take off the monkey’s diaper as part of the visual inspection.
Hat Tip to JWZ.
This video is priceless. A must see. You can hear everyone laughing in the background. Not to mention he was being very rational about the whole thing and poking holes in the proposed law.
Found here and mirrored below the break since things like this tend to disappear or move over time. This list is pretty good, haven’t verified all the facts, but they seem to be pretty accurate.
This is just a scary image. According to the caption it’s:
One of five underground bunkers built for the East German Foreign Intelligence Service.
Take a guess what year, then click on the image to see the original which has the date on it (I cropped and scaled this one).
According to Wikipedia, the image is a work of the US Government (and therefore in public domain) and is found on the CIA website.
Does anyone else think it looks about 30 years older than it actually is? Looks like 50’s-60’s to me. Yikes, that makes me feel old. Check out the awesome tech!