mozPod 0.2a1 is available. It’s alpha because it hasn’t been as well tested as of yet. I wanted to get it out before Thunderbird 2.0 ships, and I’ve been getting a fair number of requests for it lately.
I’ve released MozPod 0.2a1 as an interim release for Thunderbird 2.0 users who want to use mozPod and see some new features. I decided to not support mozPod 0.1 on Thunderbird 2.0 to keep things easier to manage.
This is an alpha release and likely has some bugs. I wanted to get it out for those who want to start testing. This would be an ideal time as people want to move to Thunderbird 2.0.
Here’s the changes that matter:
- Feature – Preliminary support for Lightning (if installed).
- Enhancement – Thunderbird 2.0 support.
- Enhancement – Some performance tweaks.
- Fix – Sync all available AB’s.
- Fix – Correctly handle notes that are more than one line.
- Fix – Skip over LDAP servers in Address Book without failing.
- Fix – Try to not hold lock on disks.
As usual, if you like it and want to encourage me to spend a little more time on it, feel free to do so. I do request some feedback. Let me know how it works for you.
I’ve got more extension goodness on the way. I’m planning to get to a real mozPod 0.2 release in the next few weeks. There may be a new extension on the way as well…
You download it from this link: mozPod 0.2