Some things upcoming this week:
Operations Management Quiz (hopefully not to hard)
Find/Order USB 2 PCMCIA card for Laptop (any recommendations)
Order iSkin for iPod
Hopefully Free Mac Mini’s will have #10 and be processing (likely done, just hasn’t and registered).
If above goes to processing, time to start researching a nice LCD display (likely 17″ or 19″), as well as KVM Switch
- Finish sifting through some of the useless code in project aquarius, and finish up redoing the templating architecture (big speed improvement). Get a few more core parts hooked up… and that would wrap up milestone 0.1. [long term]
Finish reading Candide for World Lit
Figure out what’s left on the new reporter tool, and figure out a timeline for wrapping it up for 1.0
Watch a little TV
Get a little Sleep
[Suprise Addition] Operations Management Homework from hell
There’s more than that, but those are the ones that come to mind.
Oh yea, this page is now XHTML Strict. And will hopefully be that way 99% of the time.
It’s moving slowly, but “Project Aquarius” is moving again. I can’t reveal exactly what the nature of the project is, only that it’s a slow progressing project. Partially because of coding reasons, and partially because I start on it, and stop for a while. A quick time line:
- Sprint 2003 – Initial Idea
- March 2004 – First line of Code
- May 2004 – Stopped Coding for first half of summer.
- July 2004 – Started Coding again
- September 2004 – Stopped coding
- Jan 2005 – Started Coding yet again
And no completion date set yet. Don’t even have one in mind. Considering the above time line, I’m not surprised if it’s a while from now, but we’ll see. As you can tell, other projects, school, and work interfered quite a bit.
I’m off to bed.
I decided to take some time today, and start workng on Project Aquarius, a secretive project I’ve been workng on for a few months (though not often within those months). Lots of progress! So I’m thrilled.
- Cleaned tons of old templates out
- Tons of optimization
- Quite a few bug fixes
- Front-end work
- Lots of stylesheeting and html
There’s still more to do, lots of it, but it feels great to be back in the code!
I’ve been keeping rather busy these past few weeks:
- School, – 18 credit course load is keeping me occupied.
- r.m.o – Trying to get the r.m.o project to a point where it can be usable. Coming along well, but not quite where I want it, at least yet.
- Project Aquarius – I’m still working on this one.
- MacVillage.net Relaunch – No, I’ haven’t forgot, it’s a lot of work. This becomes a higher priority when r.m.o starts to stand up on it’s own two legs.
- TV – my addiction. I love TV. Especially prime time.
- Sleep – I try to do that for a couple hours every day if I can. Don’t get much of it, but it seems like a nice thing
A little behind schedule, but progress.
In my project status spreadsheet:
Green Light: 21
Yellow Light: 5
Red Light: 9
Green is done, yellow is in the works, red is stuff I haven’t touched.
When this is all green, there’s still a few more things that will be added on, and a few that will regress back to yellow as changes are made… but it’s still significant progress! This week I want to go all green light, and draft the next set of milestones to a beta launch. We shall see how that goes.
Details forthcoming. I can feel it.
What sucked more? The chicken or the egg?
Boy, I’ve been doing so many different things the last few days, to finish up this semester it’s sickening.
Will take a week off to cleanup, relax, and cram out Project Aquarius. With my current time frame, I should have a beta-launch sometime this summer. I can’t be much more specific than that. Could be as early as late-May, or as late as August. That’s assuming I greenlight to put it into production.
Seems like saved some of the ugly stuff and put it off for some time. I think that will be my first task. Finish up the worst. Then the endless tweaking, polish phase begins.
And yes… Project Aquarius has never been described to anyone. Nobody knows exactly what it is… but it’s coming soon (hopefully). More hints may become available at some point in the future.
One more week of CLASSES.
Then…. ah… sweet summer.
So yes, I’m busy. When I’m not involved in academic work, I’m working on project aquarius. And yes, that’s slated for this summer (I hope).
Oh, a side effect of a biology presentation resulted in Wolf Pr0n for your own enjoyment. And you thought having your dog hump your leg or lick peanut butter off your body was kinky.