iPod Sync Teaser

Coming Soon

iPod Detected

Yummy. Properly detecting iPod, syncing address book, and everything. Very cool.

First release will likely be Windows only, but Mac support is easy once I get things stable. I just don’t feel like debugging on two platforms at once (reformat iPod each time).

Update [12-26-2005]: It’s out, and available here.

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “iPod Sync Teaser”

1. dave says:

I was under the impression that Macs supported PC formatted iPods.

2. Greg says:

{status=”excited_like_a_twelve_year_old_girl}OMG.{/status} Great news – definitely post here when you need some testers.

Greg

3. Kroc Camen says:

I spy 3G logo. 3G FTW! 😀

4. […] Wie praktisch: Robert Accettura arbeitet an einer Erweiterung fr Mozilla Thunderbird, die eine direkte Synchronisation der Adressbuchdaten zwischen Thunderbird und einem iPod ermglicht. Im Blog des Authors findet sich ein vielversprechender Screenshot. […]

5. […] Looks like we will have an iPod Sync extension to Thunderbird soon. Nice!!! […]

6. AW says:

Please say someone is looking into this for Sunbird/Lightning as well! ie. what does “and everything” mean.

7. Robert says:

@AW: I’m on that already… but it’s not going to happen until it’s in Thunderbird, and becomes more stable. So it will be a while.

8. Neil T. says:

I can confirm that Windows-formatted iPods work on OS X – my iPod is Windows-formatted but I use it on my Mac all the time.

Really looking forward to this – hope development goes well 🙂

9. Kroc Camen says:

What about collision with iTunes 6 that now syncs address book from outlook?