iPod Sync Teaser II

The new iPod sync extension is so simple that besides the options GUI (which most people will never need to touch), this is the only UI a user will ever see.

Update [12-26-2005]: It’s out, and available here.

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “iPod Sync Teaser II”

1. Raymond says:

Is this an extension or a standalone (xulrunner) app ??

2. dave says:

I’m worried that Apple is bamboozling us by these 6 month upgrades. I mean, it’s a great company but boy are their products expensive!

P.S. I’m, selling my iBook looking for a buyer:
    [removed by admin 11/4/05 @ 1:12PM EST]

3. Kroc Camen says:

having the complete message, cover the underneath message is bad UI; the user may not have had time to read it and be worried about what it had said – and the back one dissapears first so you never get to see what it said! Shouldn’t just the text of the message change?

4. […] I want it! That is a little video of how the upcoming iPod Sync extension for Thunderbird should work. […]

5. Greg says:

Kroc, that would be a problem if this were e.g. a nuclear waste management controller application, but it’s a contact sync program.

Also, I assume that the movie was made with a trivially small number of contacts to make the movie as quick (and therefore the flash file small) and that the notification biffs don’t overlap each other quite that badly in normal use.

Personally, I’ve been looking for something like this for months and just saw it in mozdev and just got so happy. Thanks Robert!

6. Robert says:

@Kroc: I didn’t say it was done :-D.

@Greg: It’s currently working on a set of about 50 address cards.

@Dave: please don’t spam.

7. Lor says:

“Synchronization” is spelled with an h… :mrgreen:

8. Tyler says:

Any hopes of a calendar sync tool?

9. Robert says: