The PHP development team is proud to announce the official release of PHP 5.
Some of the key features of PHP 5 include:
- The Zend Engine II with a new object model and dozens of new features.
- XML support has been completely redone in PHP 5, all extensions are now focused around the excellent libxml2 library (http://www.xmlsoft.org/).
- A new SimpleXML extension for easily accessing and manipulating XML as PHP objects. It can also interface with the DOM extension and vice-versa.
- A brand new built-in SOAP extension for interoperability with Web Services.
- A new MySQL extension named MySQLi for developers using MySQL 4.1 and later. This new extension includes an object-oriented interface in addition to a traditional interface; as well as support for many of MySQL’s new features, such as prepared statements.
- SQLite has been bundled with PHP. For more information on SQLite, please visit their website (http://www.sqlite.org/).
- Streams have been greatly improved, including the ability to access low-level socket operations on streams.
- And lots more…
PHP Development Team
Sweet, I’ll have to update Bender this weekend so I can toy around with it.