As is tradition, April 1 is a day where you don’t believe anything you see on the Internet. Here are some of my favorite pranks so far:
- Wikipedia claims Encyclopedia Britannica has initiated a “semi-hostile” takeover
- Paris Hilton recruited to give Linux more exposure.
- Tiger Woods named spokesman for Apple just prior to the release of Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger”.
- First Computer -> Human Virus Discovered. Lets hope “Malwarlaria.B” Vaccines are available soon. Could this be terrorism related?
- Google is going up against Coke, Pepsi, Gatorade, with Google Gulp
- MSSQL for Linux, Unix and XBox coming soon.
- The Commentator. Writes comments in your code for you!
- Ltoast from Linspire.
- Google acquires the Mozilla Foundation [press release].
- Steve Jobs joins the Mozilla Foundation. Mitchell’s Reaction, Asa’s Denial
I’ll update this post if I spot some more good ones.