As usual, my list of April Fools that I saw today:
- Google’s Project Virgle the first permanent human colony on Mars.
- Google’s Gmail Custom Time lets you choose when to send mail. Never be late again.
- Google’s gDay™ with Mate™ lets you search content on the internet before it’s created.
- Google Talk to convert conversations to IM speak on Earth Day. Bot available for practice.
- Massive YouTube RickRoll via user “YTRickRollsYou“. Should note embeds are disabled on the real video for whatever reason. This one is still available.
- Build your own Google Airplane.
- CNET says everyone’s favorite public speaker Mark Zuckerberg will be on Saturday Night Live, TechCrunch acquires Tiger Beat, will rename it CrunchKids, Flying Spaghetti Monster statue at Tennessee courthouse.
- Lenovo reveals ThinkPad Mr. Coffee Edition.
- Gizmodo decided to put Mr. T on every post.
- Mozilla about:mozilla newsletter for April 1. Featuring Toronto’s CN Tower office.
- ThinkGeek has several products including the usb pregency test, Super Pii Pii Brothers and Defendius Labyrinth Security Lock.
- XFire PWN3D their homepage. 1337! OMGZERGRUSH!!!KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE
- The BBC made penguins fly [Video].
- ESPN Deathmatch coverage.
- The Register: Comcast acquires BitTorrent for $53 billion.
- macosxhints.com goes OS 9.
- TechCrunch sues Facebook.
- Amazon’s Dog Computer Interface.
- Matt Cutts gets a Firefox tattoo on the back of his neck.
3 replies on “April Fools 2008”
You missed one. http://buzz.blogger.com/ From Google. Cool impossible features for Blogger.
The flying spaghetti monster statue thing is much older than April 1st:
Deviantart changed everyones avitar to one that said i heard you like mudkups