Got my iSkin for my iPod today. Boy is this a cool product. Some quick observations:
Things that rock
- Very nice tight fit. Not loose at all. Fits like a perfect glove.
- Belt clip is extremely strange (in the way it’s attached to the case). Very clever, but unusual.
- Screen cover is really clear. I don’t even notice it’s there.
- The White color still keeps that iPod look, but gives some protection.
- With the belt clip removed, you can see the Apple logo in a clear part of the case on the back, in a big circle. Pretty cool looking.
Things that can be improved
- Belt clip is a bit weak, but I never intended to use it. Hence I liked the fact it came off. Would be better if it were metal, and spring loaded. Not to mention rotated smoother.
- screen cover lifts the small part between the screen and the clickwheel. Not bad, just could be a bit tighter.
- iSkin around the clickwheel should have been beveled. Same for where it meets the standby switch, and headphone jack.
It’s not perfect for those who use an iPod dock (though you can pull the iPod partially out through the clickwheel hole, and sync that way). I’d recommend a cable for ease.
Overall it’s a well made product. It’s a very simple design that compliments the iPod very well. It’s sleek, comfortable, and protective. It does provide a little padding for your iPod, not to mention a screen cover. It’s also made of water resistant material (though don’t test that out).
[Crossposted from MacVillage.net]