That’s right. There’s a new iPod coming most likely on Tuesday. And we know about it thanks to the boneheads at Newsweek screwing up and printing the story a little to early. Anyway there are some new things:
- A ‘clickwheel’ combines the buttons and the wheel, to make the interface even more compact and streamlined. As you can see in the picture.
- “more efficient menu’s”
- “Multiple on-the-go playlists”, ability to delete songs from mixes.
- Audiobooks can be listened to at normal, slower or 25% faster without ‘sounding like a munchkin’
- 50% boost in battery life
- Lower price: $399 for 40GB, $299 for 20 GB. No 15GB.
Score one for Apple. I’m sure Jobs is pleased with the results, he’s got another winner in line.