I’ve given it a bit of a test drive too see how it is. Despite Steve Jobs claim that it’s the “whole thing”, IMHO it’s not as good as the Mac version:
- Visualizer is lame compared to the diversity in the Mac version.
- iPodService.exe service hanging around sucking up memory, and occasionally attacking my CPU.
- Awkward feel. Works perfect in Aqua, but something isn’t right on Windows.
- Didn’t find drivers “for importing and burning CDs and DVDs”.
- I would think a P4M 1.8GHz would convert a file to an MP3 much faster than a 450MHz G4. But it doesn’t feel that much faster since the last time I did it on a G4. Not scientific. But by feel, it’s slower.
On the plus side, best equalizer (usability + configurability) in a free player for windows. And overall Apple goodness.
Good first shot. But give up the Aqua look. It just feels funny. Apple’s about usability. Make it feel better.
I still prefer the Mac version, though I must admit, I still prefer my Mac.