Cool stuff, quiet city. Amazing. They call it a city. but nobody is there.
Saddam’s Sons are no longer a threat to anyone [CNN] My only bad feelings are that the people of Iraq didn’t get a chance to kill them by clubbing them to death with the sole of their shoes. Two evil men, known for torturing people, and responsible for pain in many families, whom don’t know what happened to their loved ones.
Now where is their father? And where is Bin Laden Mr. Tenet?
MacVillage.net 4 (Daemon of the Abiss) is moving along slowly, but surely. Redoing pretty much the entire site. HTML and all. As well as new architecture and backend. So it’s massive and slow.
Several pages are running in staging (without a design). Somre more complex pages including Mac PR, and News should be done this weekend. Then it’s the homepage, my page, as well as a few more “complex” pages. Then it’s time to tie up the lose ends in the authentication system, rebuild the wirless site. (template, content, the works), template all remaining pages (several hundred). Create a design/stylesheet, debug, test, deploy.
Then my normal mantainance/R&D job begins. It’s a labor of love I guess.
So good progress, but slow progress. More updates soon.
seti at accettura
|Name (and URL)||Accettura|
|Total CPU Time||2.125 years|
|Average CPU Time per work unit||12 hr 38 min 05.1 sec|
|Average results received per day||0.97|
|Last result returned:||Wed Jul 16 16:03:45 2003 UTC|
|Registered on:||Fri May 14 20:34:00 1999 UTC|
|View Registration Class|
|SETI@home user for:||4.176 years|
|Your group info:|
|You do not currently belong to a group.|
|You are the founder of:||MacVillage.net|
|Your rank: (based on current workunits received)|
|Your rank out of 4585159 total users is:||129264th place.|
|The number of users who have this rank:||93|
|You have completed more work units than||97.179% of our users.|
I am the king of CPU Power.
I assume by the time everyone reads this, the news will have spread to everyone that Netscape is in essence no more, and Mozilla, is somewhat like an 18 year old recruit on the way to war. Barely any training in what lays ahead, a ton of fear, a fire in its heart, and a burning desire to make its parents proud.
As many know, the EvangelMoz project had a slight skirmish with the Mozilla Project a while back, regarding if it should be marketing towards end users. It is apparent this is behind us, and we should move forward as one group, advocating open source software, standards compliancy, and inter-platform consistency. I would hereby like to propose an informal roadmap for the EvangelMoz project, in hopes that others will join in, and make a contribution to Mozilla in whatever form they can, and benefit the project as a whole. Our ultimate goal is to ensure all that I stated above.
Enough formalities and horrific writing that embarrasses my High School English teachers.
Here are my thoughts broken into two:
- Standards Compliancy Web Badges, for sites that work well in all browsers. The buttons should point to a webpage describing what standards compliancy is for techies, as well as the casual user, and why it is important to each. They should also be shown what browsers can do what (in a method that they can understand). Web users have the right to be educated in their software, and know what their options for enjoying their web experience.
- Gecko Distribution Aid
- Mozilla browsers are great for the workplace. But many IT departments are hesitant to trust open source software. I briefly touched on this several months ago, posting an ‘alpha’ of a possible slide show presentation to be given as a “Why switch to Mozilla” presentation.
- Guide a Mozilla Customization Kit Project. Netscape has had one for Windows for quite some time. The kit should be completely inclusive, and cover support for multiple platforms, as well as Firebird/Thunderbird and possibly Camino on the Mac. Encourage and provide documentation, samples, and resources on how a Gecko browser can be customized for a business (sidebar of company phone directory, special buttons, widgets, etc.).
- Mozilla is great for home/personal use. Forget about spyware, hijackers, and other dangers of the net. A fast browser, that works well even on older computers. No need to update windows, to get the latest Internet Explorer. Aide Mozilla Distribution channels in distributing towards end users.
- Consider different methods of providing support for end users of Gecko browsers, perhaps in a Forum, Chat, Mailing list, or email ticket based environment.
- Perhaps solicit donations for servers, and manpower by gecko lovers.
So I open the floor to public comment at this time.I know it’s a busy and confusing day for everyone. I would like to send my regards to the folks at Netscape, and wish them all the best in whatever road they travel. Hopefully, our soldier Gecko will be marching behind and covering their back.
Please send all comments on this topic to:
evangelmoz (at) mozdev dot org,
in the spirit of sharing information. I would love to email everyone personally, and invite you to feel free to email me (provided it’s not spam), but I can’t handle everyone.
robert (at) accettura dot com
I can’t wait for this to arrive. The new version sounds sweet. As posted on the Americas Army website:
Alright troops! Here’s the intelligence report you’ve been waiting for: info on the upcoming version. So gather ’round, take a knee, and listen up: here’s your SITREP. Bottom-line: this upcoming version has so many additional features that they had to jump an entire version number and call it v1.9. But don’t take my word for it. Take a look at what we having coming down the pipe and I think you’ll agree that this new update is the Mother Of All Updates!
New Character Class: This new update introduces a new MOS: combat medic (91W). And true to U.S. Army form, with this new MOS comes the required training. Hooah! That’s right – this update comes with 4 different medical training courses, culminating in a field test where you put your newly-acquired medical skills to work! If you pass these training courses, you get to play the role of combat medic online and administer first aid to your troops in the field.
New Damage Model: Under this new model, each bullet carries with it maximum potential damage. When injured, only a portion of damage is initially inflicted, growing more severe over time (i.e. blood loss, decreased combat effectiveness, etc).
New Missions: Not only do you get the 4 single-player training missions above, but a new multiplayer map is introduced: Mountain Pass, Second Edition.
New Interface: The in-game interface has been totally overhauled, presenting not only a sleeker look, but offering more functionality. Expect to see new features added to this interface over time.
New Character Models: All characters have been replaced with higher resolution models and textures and new animations (including facial animations and lip syncing).
New Anti-cheating Measures: one word: Punkbuster! Effective v.1.9, all US Army Official servers will run Punkbuster Anti-Cheat software .
Other stuff: player shadows (low & high detail), a new theme song, and so much more! Trust me when I say this mega-update is gonna be well worth the wait! Keep your eyes out for v.1.9 coming later this month!
Sounds good to me!