Yet another shot of a canal, never get tired of em’. Pretty sure this is Haarlem, but don’t recall 100% for sure.
Took only a year and it seems the Dutch passed a relatively comprehensive net neutrality law after KPN’s proposal to break net neutrality. The US will be forced to face this debate one way or another soon enough. Our economy and lives are being very reliant on those pipes.
This gallery contains 7 photos.
Another week, another round of pictures. I’ll hopefully get better at posting these promptly at the conclusion of a week.
I’m back from vacation. Like two years ago, I spent some time in Holland visiting family, and then some vacation time in Spain (Mallorca to be exact), then back to Holland for a day and a half. Just starting to catch up on things, so be patient if your expecting a reply from me. I’m tired after an a long day with a flight at 9:30 (GMT +1) that landed 12:00 (GMT -5). So here are some random thoughts in bullet form:
- Security wasn’t to bad considering all that has been happening. The only thing encountered was no liquids or gels in hand luggage… Interestingly every hour, or less a flight attendant came around with cups of water. I guess they are afraid someone could become dehydrated and sue. An obvious change from procedures prior (on the way over that happened no more than 2x as I recall).
- Constantly check that that your flight isn’t delayed, so you don’t spend 11hrs in
Schiphol(after 11hrs that’s an appropriate name for any airport). Definitely not a great way to spend a day. Teletext, Phone, Internet, Smoke signals. Whatever it takes. Check and check again.
- Just because a hotel advertises that it has air conditioning doesn’t mean that it works, works well, or works constantly. Hotels that only let it run when your in the room (usually activated by room key) only can work if it’s very powerful and can cool off a room quickly. Yet another thing to be aware of
- When traveling trans-Atlantic, wide body aircraft, such as a Boeing 767, 777, 747 are preferable to a Boeing 757. Because it’s seated 3 and 3 with 1 isle, and bathrooms in front and back of coach, that’s a lot of traffic in 1 isle. Wide body aircraft such as the 767 seem much more capable of handling a long haul without feeling so tiny. Just a personal preference.
- I had this notion that most old stone structures remained semi-cool in hot weather, but the Cathedral in Palma completely ruinied that.
- There should be First Class, Business Class, Kid-Free Class, and Family Class. For those who want to sleep on the plane, you options.
- I ate way to much… and enjoyed it all.
- Beautiful beaches
- Did I mention the food?
I’m back from 2 weeks abroad. Where did my travels take me:
Some general notes:
- Male flight attendants dress like pilots while female’s look like nurses.
- Flew over Paris France (oh no, I violated the boycott… yawn) late at night, said hello, no reply. I guess you were all sleeping.
- 50% of all in-flight movies are ‘chick flicks’.
- Airline food is consistently getting worse (why can’t they just get a more tasty fast food resturaunt to cater? would be cheaper and taste better).
- Nude beaches are like Coney Island except the weeners are in the water.
- Germans love speedo’s way too much
- Ugly people love to be naked
- Those who ‘have it’ should show it off on the beach. Those who don’t should cover what they have.
- There should be legal limits on sizes for 2 piece bathing suits.
- There’s ‘good naked’ and ‘bad naked’. There’s more ‘bad naked’ than ‘good naked’ in this world.